Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Schulz's go to a Hanukkah Party

Ah, the holiday season is in full swing! Being from the north, the only real different religions we were really exposed to were varying degrees of Christianity. Since we've moved here to NY, out of the tight-knit three amigos, I'm the tolkien Christian! It is so interesting to learn about Judaism. Last night was the second night of Hanukkah. We were lucky enough to be invited to our first Hanukkah party at the Wilkofsky residence.

The party was a delicious feast! Julie's mom, who is lovingly refered to as, Grandma Emily, was in town to help. The menu for Hanukkah is highly revolved around oil and frying. Yum!! :) Grandma Emily had been frying food since Friday!! Chicken cutlets and potato latkes were the highlights. Here, you see me supervising Judith as she giving Emily a break in the latke department.













.
Here, we are in full swing co-mothering. Judith is already getting the 3 amigos food distributed before I even have Ollie down. Julie is ready to get some pictures of Jordyn's first Hanukkah party.















I was personally touched when Judith asked Oliver and I to light Phin's menorah. I was very attentive when I was getting my menorah lighting lesson from Judith. Isn't the puppy menorah the cutest!? It was a beautiful thing to be a part of and witness for the first time. The Hebrew blessings that they were singing were enchanting. I could have listened to them all night.






















.


.
.
..
.
.
..
.

.

.
.
.
.
.


After the lighting of the menorahs, we got to relax and enjoy great company. Oliver, Jordyn, and Phineas flocked to Grandma Emily. They have grandma radar! We like to joke that when Julie had Jordyn, Emily didn't realize that she got triplets! When it comes to the three amigos, if you like one, you must like them all! :)

.


.










In all, it was a great first Hanukkah experience. I always apologize for my lack of knowledge on Judaism. They have been more than nice to teach me! Thanks ladies!!

1 comment: